Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I'd like to setup a grade system

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

I am trying to setup a gradesystem. What I'd like to have is that you can create a subject, define the year and semester. After that I would like to assign a grade per subject to a WP user.

The ideal situation is that you can select an subject (CPT), student (WP user), fill in a grade and save the entry.

I've looked on the forum and on google, but I can't find the solution.

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

After that I would like to assign a grade per subject to a WP user.

Is this "grade" as in A, B, C (grading the assignment) or "grade" as in 8th, 9th, 10th (level of class the user is in), etc?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The grades are defined by a number (1 to 10), so it's the format of A, B, C but then in numbers.

Tia

Thank you. I am looking into your requirements and will respond shortly with feedback.

Tia

Hello. Just letting you know I am still working on this and should have feedback for you within the next 24 hours or less.

Tia
students-grades2.jpg
students-grades.jpg

I've been testing out your scenario and here is what I recommend:

What I'd like to have is that you can create a subject, define the year and semester.

The way I found this best to work is to set:

Subject - Custom Post Type
Year - Taxonomy (assigned to Subject CPT)
Semester - Taxonomy (assigned to Subject CPT)

After that I would like to assign a grade per subject to a WP user.

This will also be a custom post type. Assign "Subject" as the parent custom post type using a many to many relationship: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/many-to-many-post-relationship/

The ideal situation is that you can select an subject (CPT), student (WP user), fill in a grade and save the entry.

By setting the Grade to a custom post type and Subject as its parent, this will allow you to create a CRED form for each grade. It will contain a custom post field for the grade itself (dropdown of 1-10).

The difficult part is assigning a WordPress user through the CRED form. I have found a way to do that here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-to-select-author/#post-272508

So it ends up looking like the attached screenshot.

Another suggest is to make users fill out profiles and set Profile as a custom post type which will then connect to the user.

This should get you going in the right direction. Let me know if anything need clarifying.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.