Skip Navigation

[Closed] I'd like to build a community like website

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 9 years ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I am trying to: Build a website for musicians where people can update their own profile. There will be 2 types of user types. Muscians (the sellers) and Places (the buyers). Buyers can shop musicians for performances in their club.

Is it possible to build this with types?

Yes, this should be possible.

1) With the Types plugin you can create the different custom post types: musicians and sellers.
Make sure you enable the Author feature for these custom post types.
And create custom fields for any extra information you need.

2) With Access you can make sure that each user will only be able to edit his records.

3) With Views you can display this information to your needs and create a page for the users to administer their posts.

4) With CRED you can create the forms to allow each user to add / edit musicians or sellers.

Let us know any help you need on the way.
Regards
Caridad

It is a marketplace like site. It was better to have 2 type of user type. Musician User Type and Buyers.

Buyers can book performances in their place. (E.g. Like a club that can book an artist)

You can try with that approach too. Access will let you define custom roles too.

I suggest that you take a look at our case studies in search for ideas:
https://toolset.com/category/case-studies/

You can open a thread for any question that comes up.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] I'd like to build a community like website’ is closed to new replies.