Skip Navigation

[Resolved] icon-homeicon-double-up displays in header

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexandreG-2 6 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Luis Sacristán.

Author
Lemieux Nolet – De la comptabilité sur mesure.jpg

I recently installed Types and Views for a specific project.
I did try to create a specific CPT with fields and Content templates. I did succeed with Types and the creation of custom fields

hidden link

But the Content template created with views crashed my site. I had to revert to a previous backup, loosing about a day of work.

I did noticed that a string of text appeared before header (icon-homeicon-double-up). I didn't linked that to Views in the first place. I thought it was a glitch from previous tweaks. But when I reactivated Views this morning, the string came back. This string shows up only when logged in.

Could you help me here with that ?
Is my theme compatible with content template frome views ?

Thanks

Luis Sacristán
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Hi

Thanks for consulting Toolset Support
I will be happy to help you with your ticket

It seems there is some compatibility issue with your ticket.

The code you have in your header is ‘icon-homeicon-double-up’. As you can see in the code below, the text is the content of ‘data-icon’ links attributes.

<a id="toc_home" class="sc_anchor" title="Accueil" data-description="&lt;i&gt;Return to Home&lt;/i&gt; - &lt;br&gt;navigate to home page of the site" data-icon="icon-home" data-url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" data-separator="yes"></a>
<a id="toc_top" class="sc_anchor" title="To Top" data-description="&lt;i&gt;Back to top&lt;/i&gt; - &lt;br&gt;scroll to top of the page" data-icon="icon-double-up" data-url="" data-separator="yes"></a>

My guess is that ‘data-description’ content needs to be escape. Perhaps you add some double quote or ‘less than’ - ‘greater than’ character in the description that breaks the tag.

Please, tell me if that works.

Regards
Luis

Thanks Luis for your quick support.

As a matter of fact, my theme includes some kind of TOC. I bought this theme on ThemeForest.

But why does it show up when Views, and only Views is activated ?

I did recreate a CPT called Equipe and specifics fiels related to this CPT. I did create a Content Template for this CPT but it does not show up !!

Accessing hidden link list an entry for that specific CPT and clicking on it leads to the page but nothing shows up. Am I missing something ??

Thanks

Luis Sacristán
Supporter

Hi

It is weird that only show up when Views is activated.

In order to debug this and your Equipe Content Template, I would like you to share with me your site credentials. You can create a new admin user and delete it when I finish. I will also need your FTP credentials.

I need your permission to deactivate/activate some plugins, it is necessary to figure out what is the issue.

I am going to mark your next reply as private so you can share your private data only with me. And don't worry, I will leave everything as it was.

Regards
Luis

Luis Sacristán
Supporter

Hi

I've just found the reason why the links (icon-home and icon-double-up) show up.

We use a style for displaying our links in the topbar admin menu:

hidden link

This css has a rule that adds the content of the attribute 'data-icon' to the link:

[data-icon]::before {
    content: attr(data-icon);
}

In order to fix this, you need to add this CSS rule to your theme:

a[id^="toc"][data-icon]::before {
	content: "" !important;
	display: initial;
}

I have also informed our dev team so they can fix it.

Regarding your Equipe posts, you theme needs to use 'the_content()' function, or 'the_content' filter. I have modified your theme:
/wp-content/themes/bierbaum-child/templates/single-standard.php : 98
Adding what you need to make your theme works using 'the_content'

You also had to add your custom content functions to:
Toolset > Paramètres > Contenus en amont > Support des modèles de contenus pour les thèmes

Content functions: bierbaum_show_post_layout, bierbaum_template_single_standard_output

I have just done it for you.

Regards
Luis

Thanks a lot Luis,

Everything is working as expected.

Alexandre

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.