Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I'am using the avada theme and I have already finish my design the only problem

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
avada search results.png

please check my website and you will see what I mean

this is post pages
hidden link

hidden link
I have also sent you a screen shot of avada search results on my page and I need the search on this page along with taxonomies

Let's try to address only one issue per ticket, please. Otherwise it becomes too confusing for both of us to understand. In this ticket, I would like to help you set up the home page search form in Views.

1. How are your posts organized in WordPress? Are they all the same post type? Are there any parent / child relationships?

2. What options are shown in the "All" select field? Are these categories for your posts, or custom post types?

3. Your search field says "Location or Post Code". I see you have a Location taxonomy set up. How is Post Code defined for each post? Is it another taxonomy, or a custom field?

It may be helpful for me to see your WordPress admin area to help guide you to solutions. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the required fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still a good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

home page design.png

hidden link

[login information redacted by admin]
Please make all changes on this site it would be a problem if you mess it up

I have given to a temporary site to work on this is not live you can make all the changes you want and I can just follow your format the colour I'm using are #01ddce blue
#22c164 green
#848484 grey
I just need an archive page for search results and a search short code to go on any page and a view to show rest that take users back to the Post title View would need to have post feature image
The custom taxon y would just be extras post business name or this could be fields
search bar would need to look like image attached just the bar itself not back ground

I would like to clarify how I can help. The support we provide here in the forum is free of charge for paid customers. We are able to guide you to instructional information here on our site, provide examples, and offer advice on how to accomplish things. Here is our support policy:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

When I ask to log in to your site, my goal is to look at your setup and provide information and guidance to you, so you can create search forms and results listings on your own without needing to pay anyone. If you would like to hire someone to do development for you, we partner with several independent contractors who would be able to provide estimates for you. However, my job and my goal is to help you accomplish this on your own 🙂

If you need professional help with this code, you can contact one of our certified partner contractors. Here is the list of our contractors:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

If you would like my assistance so you can accomplish this on your own, please let me know so we can begin together.

If you would like to schedule a video chat, I will need to speak to our video support team on Monday (they are away at the moment), and then schedule something for you in the upcoming week. Please let me know if you would like for me to do that.

I would like you help but I dont have video chat

I would like you help but I dont have video chat

I'm sorry, I can't understand what this means:

"Please make all changes on this site it would be a problem if you mess it up"
" have given to a temporary site to work on this is not live you can make all the changes you want "

How do I find this page in the admin area? I need to see this in the WordPress admin area.
hidden link

no please work on the site login details I gave you that way if you mess anything up it not my live site

I still do not understand, I'm so sorry! I am trying to find the page you started, with the search form. You gave me login credentials here:
hidden link

I logged in. But I cannot find this page in the admin:
hidden link

How do I find this page in the wp-admin area?

work on this page hidden link all the tool set plugins are on there is the home page

I'm sorry, if you want to use this design:
hidden link

Then you need to modify this page:
hidden link

They should look identical. Then I can begin helping.

why you can can Look at it .This is how my them is going to look its the same template I added image there so you could see example of how I would like my search page to look its not on the website I want you to look at . but this slider is where I will be adding my search bar which would have to be a short code

can I get a refund I don't understand your plugin your custom taxonomies does not display on my wordpress post pages when publish I need to change the colour of search form there no appearance for me to that everything is css this is to hard and I can afford a developers you said you would look at it but I dont think you can help me I just want my money back I need some easier like formidable form does your plugin work with formidable you still haven answer my question to that I told you I'am using formidable and you still haven't given me a answer

Hi, I just came online today and I haven't had a chance to respond to your previous question. I'm disappointed that I was not able to help you, but I'm afraid the language difference is preventing effective communication. I am having trouble communicating, and I feel like that's a large part of the problem. Is there any way another support member who speaks another language could be more helpful? We have several other supporters who are able to speak different languages and may be able to get faster, more useful responses for you. If you would like to speak to someone else, please let me know your preferred language and I will transfer your request to the best supporter for that language.

If you would prefer to simply request a refund and move on to another product, I understand. Sometimes we are not a good fit for your project. I can refer you to our refund policy and request form here:
https://toolset.com/buy/refund-policy/

If there is any way I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.