Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I want to use an image as the background for my site

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julieP 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I would like to have an image as the background on my site. I'm using Toolset Starter Theme (Child) and Layouts. I had expected to be able to set this in Appearance>Customise but the option isn't there. How do I do this please?

I'm part the way there. I've put this in Layouts CSS:-

body {
  	background-image: url('XXX');
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center center;
  	background-attachment: fixed;
}

and I've set my rows in layouts to be the same width as the container and my image renders. However, the rows in Layouts have a transparent background. How do I change this to white please?

Thanks

Dear julie,

I suggest you setup the background image with CSS codes, for example:
Dashboard-> Appearance-> Customize-> Custom CSS,
add below CSS codes:

body{
  background-image: url(<em><u>hidden link</u></em>);
}

For your new question:
the rows in Layouts have a transparent background. How do I change this to white please?
Please describe detail steps to duplicate same problem:
How do you setup the row in layout?
take some screenshot for the problem row settings, I need test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thank you. I've done that with this CSS:

body {
    background-image: url('XXX');
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center center;
    background-attachment: fixed;
}

and I've set my rows in layouts to be the same width as the container. The image renders but the rows in Layouts have a transparent background. How do I change this to white please?

Thanks

I think we posted at the same time! I need to come back to this later today when I have more time to do what you ask. Please leave post open for the time being. Thank you

You can customize specific row in layout with CSS codes, for example:
1) edit the specific row, add a custom CSS class name "my-row",
2) in Layouts CSS, add below codes to setup those row with CSS class name "my-row" as background white.

.my-row{
background: white;
}

See our document:
Using HTML and CSS to Style Layout Cells and Rows
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-html-css-style-layout-cells/#adding-css-code-for-custom-styling

excellent - got to grips with that now and achieved what I wanted.

Thank you for your guidance and patience!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.