Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I want to have full width layout in Avada

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by amirE 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
row-and-fullwidth.jpg

I am trying to: have random fullwidth and non-fullwidth section in a page that i'm trying to create. when i change the row to any of the Row types in layout.. it just goes one whole full width and one whole box.. it doesn't allow me like avada does to have some full width section with row sized content and some fullwidth sections.

I expected to see: options to make some full width and some boxed layout in a page just like in your demo

Instead, I got: the screenshot below might explain the whole thing.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Amir,

Thank your for contacting our support forum.

Would it be possible for you to provide me with a copy of the theme so that I can perform some tests ?

I'll enable the private fields so that you can send me a copy of the theme so that I can test it out.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amir,

Thank you for providing me with a copy of the theme.

I managed to test this and achieved a full width layout.

In your screenshot above all you need to do is select the 3rd option as this is what I selected in my test and it worked.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Capture.PNG

Hi Shane,

yes I'm able to achieve full width layout but what I'm trying to achieve is alternate just like what avada can do..

some contents/section i want it rowsized content and fullwidth background.. and times i want to change the background color of each fullwidth section.. but i want to control the content to allow them to be rowsized or fullwidth.. because the default avada theme can do that.. but with your layout I can't. I can only choose fullwidth and not-fullwidth.

See this layout in avada
hidden link [see how contents are placed. and backgrounds are alternative and you can control it in any section..
and see the screenshot of what i'm trying to achieve..

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amir,

You're referring to a full width background and not full width content correct?

If so then this is actually possible by selecting the second option where the background extends full width and not the content.

The background color would need to be set using css since we do not have a background color picker.

Thanks,
Shane

Capture2.PNG
screenshot1.jpg
layout-for-website.jpg

Hi Shane,

I've selected the 2nd option. But it can only change the background in only one color. I want alternate rowsized and alternate fullwidth. If you can check the avada how the layout of it works.

I've attached the screenshot [screenshot1.jpg].. if you can see fullwidth shortcode of avada doesn't go full with background on your template.. it is just fixed within that box base on layout plugin.. so it doesn't take avada shortcode at all..

I want to control the background of each section.
I've attached a simple draft [layout-for-website.jpg] as well of what i'm trying to achieve.. and I'm not sure how to work with it because the background is always cut unless i choose the 3rd option.

Thanks so much! Hope that clears out what I want to achieve for my site. 😉

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amir,

I see what you are trying to achieve 🙂

Would it be possible for me to have admin access to the website so I can be of better help ?

I'll be enabling the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amir,

Thank you for the credentials, however i'm not able to do much in terms of setting up an example 🙁

The reason that is the site is pretty much empty so i'm not able to give an adequate setup of what you are trying to achieve.

If you take a look at the page below, you see that i setup a simple example with a background, where 1 cell is fullwidth with the content and the other just has a full width background.

hidden link

The layout for this is below.
hidden link
And the css is
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane thanks for that. This means I'll be using the layouts to build pages not the fusion builder in avada right?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amir,

Yes that is correct.

However should you choose not to use our Layouts plugin then the fusion builder should allow you to achieve the same thing essentially.

Thanks,
Shane

hidden link

Here's what I've done, I've used fusion builder.. I want to have the background of the lower part to be fullwidth.. but it's not extending to fullwidth. Can you check that? I thought I placed it when i send the login details to you but I haven't so I've placed it now for you to check 😉 Thanks!

I meant on the lower part to be fullwidth background but not fullwidth content.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amir,

Since you are using the Fusion builder to design the page then i'm not able to provide support on this 🙁

What I recommend that you do is to contact your theme support on how to effectively use the fusion builder plugin.

However I did check it out for you and I see where you are using a full width container for that section so i'm not sure why it's displaying the background fullwidth.

Thanks
Shane

column-screenshot.jpg

Hi Shane, Thanks for your feedback.

I've tried fusion builder alone without the layouts and it works with row sized content and fullwidth background.

As you can see on the screenshot col-sm-12 is the css class produced by layouts and that's one reason why fullwidth background is not taking effect with fusion.

This means that fullwidth background of fusion is not working because of the restriction set by layouts. so how can we allow avada shortcodes to take effect by using avada theme along with layouts?

Thanks! 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amir,

What I would suggest is that you use one of either 🙂 to build the pages.

I would not advise building a layout for a page that you built using the fusion builder.

The reason is that Layouts will always take priority, you do however have the option to build some pages in layouts and some using the fusion builder.

So if you have a fusion builder page and then that page is attached to a layout then whatever width or background information set on the layout will take precedence over what was done in the fusion builder.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.