Skip Navigation

[Closed] I want to customize Tootlset Bootstrap

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Customize Tootlset Bootstrap Theme

I use to work with Layouts demo for Bootstrap 3 and for me it is very simple to modify the css and operate.

The Layouts demo for Bootstrap 3 latest version is from agoust 2014 and the Toolset one is v1.7 from 10 feb 2015 so i'd like to start to use the latest.

I really can't find a guide about to custom style Toolset theme, i want to use it with layout. Can you help me please?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alessandro,

You can edit the theme's css by going to Appearance / Editor and selecting the style.css file.

Here you will be able to add your custom css to the there.

Alternatively you can write the css when you create your layout you can add css to the individual elements that you add.

You can also install a 3rd party plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ that would allow you to write custom css for your website.

Ok, sure about CSS Customization, but if you know Layouts demo for Bootstrap 3 it has the possibility to add CSS via Layouts Plugin, in Toolset it is not possible. Also when i'd like to know the difference, in terms of creating themes, between the two themes.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alessandro,

Could you say what version of layouts you are currently using?

You might be running an older version of the plugin that allowed this.

I did some tests on the latest versions with the Layouts demo for Bootstrap 3 and the Boostrap theme.

The only way I saw to add css was to add it to the individual elements and blocks in the Layout editor.

The difference between the two themes is that the Layouts demo for Bootstrap 3 contains pre built layouts within it and you can modify those layouts.

It serves as a guide for the basic functionality of layouts.

The Bootstrap theme serves as a Canvas with bootstrap framework and fully compatible with our layouts plugin.

Please let me know if this was clear

Schermata 2015-02-12 alle 22.15.29.png

Hi, i use the latest version of layouts (1.0) and the latest version of each themes.
In "Layouts demo for Bootstrap 3", Layouts plugin let me to modify entire CSS when editing layout (as you can see in the uploaded image. I'd like to do the same think in "Toolset Bootstrap theme" but it is not possibile to modify CSS when editing layouts, so mainly for this reason i asked for support.

I also noticed on the guide of Toolset Bootstrap theme that this one has come difference to style the cells or rows. It uses, as i remember, something like ".span4", while in Layouts Demo i use bootstrap Css commons like col-md-4 and so on.

I really can't understand if I was wrong with something because i really can't continue my work with this new theme, i'd really like to start developing with this.

Shane
Supporter

Toolset Bootstrap.PNG

Hi Alessandro,

I think I'm a bit confused here.

Currently I have the latest version of the Toolset Bootstrap theme installed.

I also have the latest version of layouts and i'm able to bring up the css editor for the elements.
See Screenshot.

The issue could be that the element you want to style doesn't support custom css stylings.

The version of bootstrap that our Toolset Bootstrap theme uses is Bootstrap version 2.3.1.
For our Layouts Demo uses version 3

The css classes in version 2 and version 3 are different.

Please refer to the bootstrap document here : hidden link

In my installation it doesn't work for me, i can't modify Custom Css why?
However i'll continue with my "Layouts demo for Bootstrap 3" because i need bootstrap 3.0.

Meantime i would like to solve this

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alessandro,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] I want to customize Tootlset Bootstrap’ is closed to new replies.