Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I want to allow the admin role users to edit the subscriber role profile

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hi, Waqar,

I want to allow the admin role users to edit the subscriber role profile

I have created a view that lists all users

what I expect is to get the status and email of the user . But I got the status and the email of the currently logged in admin

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I've set your next reply as private so that you can share your website's clone/snapshot.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package.

I'll be reviewing the website's existing forms and their set up and will suggest the next steps accordingly.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Waqar,

Any update on this ticket?

waiting for your reply?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Salim,

Saturday and Sunday are my off days.

I'll be resuming on this ticket today and will update you with my findings shortly.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that your website's view "VU registration View (GUtech)" is using this shortcode to show the user edit form:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_user_form )

[cred_user_form form='update-user-status']

But, when no user ID is specified through the "user" attribute, the form will use the currently logged in user's information in the edit user form.

To make this form instead edit the current user in the user view's loop, you can specify the user ID, through the "wpv-user" shortcode, in the form's shortcode:

[cred_user_form form='update-user-status' user='[wpv-user field="ID"]']

This should do the trick.

Good. My issue is resolved now. Many Thanks to you Waqar!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.