Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I need to show the map of a plugin, in order to have users submit loctions

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hey guys,

I am currently working on a page, where signed up users can submit locations in the form of custom posts. All of the locations can be found on a big map and when you click on them, you get to the specific post.

I am working with the plugin "Progress Map" to accomplish all of the map fun. It works great so far.

Now I am trying to set up a CRED form, for users to submit their location.
I managed to auto generate the form for the post, following your tutorials.
But now I am kind of stuck with inserting the Progress Map.
They provide a shortcode for exactly that on their page and go quite into detail about the php code as well (You can find it here: hidden link )

But I simply can't find out, how to put the map into the CRED submission form.

Can you help me out?

Thank you so much!
Robin Manuel

Dear Robin,

Since it is a compatibility problem, could you post a downloadable URL for the plugin "Progress Map"?
And describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, I need test it in my localhost.

And we have "Toolset Maps" plugin, which include a custom address field, with it you can submit the location with CRED form, see our document:
Displaying WordPress Content on Google Maps
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

hey,

Here is the plugin: hidden link
(I bought it, so maybe we can hide the link here?)

Basically I set my custom post type as main post type for the plugin, which gives you a map in the backend, where you can enter and search for a location and it's coordinates.
I need this map in the CRED form as well, so I can have it on the front end. Maybe I'm just missing something, since I'm not so code savvy...
What ways are there, to integrate it?

Would the CRED map function deliver the coordinate information to the plugin?

Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks for the details, I have modified your post to hide the link. I do think both features you mentioned above are built-in feature of “Toolset Maps” plugin
1) gives you a map in the backend, where you can enter and search for a location and it's coordinates.
2) need this map in the CRED form as well, so I can have it on the front end. Maybe I'm just missing something,

So I suggest again, please try with "Toolset Maps" plugin, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

or you will need custom codes to integrate the "Progress Map" plugin with CRED plugin, and you will need check out our certified partners for it:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.