Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I NEED TO ORGANIZE THE ADMIN MENU WITH MANY POST TYPE

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Annotazione 2020-08-02 153339.jpg

I am developing a new project that includes many post types each with their own custom fields, I would like to know if it is possible to organize in the admin menu so as to have a mother post type and a sub menu with child post types.

See the picture to better understand

many thanks
Aldo

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

post-type-edit-screen.png

Hi Aldo,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To control the position or arrangement of the custom post type in the admin menu, you can use the input field below the "show_in_menu" option.

For example, suppose that you have two custom post types:

a). Book Shops
yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=book-shop

b). Books
yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=book

If you'd like to move the "Books" post type under the menu item for the "Book Shops", you can go to the "Books" post type's settings screen, and add "edit.php?post_type=book-shop" in the input field below the "show_in_menu" option.
( as shown in the attached screenshot )

For even control and management of admin menu options, you can also check out a third-party plugin like "Admin Menu Editor":
https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.