Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I need to make slider with thumbnails from custom type post image field

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Make slider with thumbnails from custom type post image field. Discussed about this in other ticket and have nice working slider, but it is horizontal. My client's website has some basic design and shows photos like here hidden link that is one bigger photo and few aligned vertically on right side. I need to make something like this hidden link but looking like that furniture website layout. Can you help me with that?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Stopped here (another ticket about slider with custom type post image field thumbnails

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Here is working slider, but horizontal one hidden link
I need to make something like this hidden link with vertical scrolling and controls
Using example something like this hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I took a look at your sample slider. From their website it looks like you have to use their tools to add the images required.

What you need is a slider that, like Flex Slider (hidden link) simply requires you to generate HTML markup in a specific format using its classnames, and then to run a line or two of JavaScript to initialise the slider with the set options.

Flex Slider doesn't seem to have the layout you require, and I don't know one that does off the top of my head, it is simply a question of searching until you find one that does and where you construct it as described by building the required markup.

If you find a jQuery or JavaScript slider library that works that way and has the required layout, if you are struggling with generating the markup in the required format I should be able to help you with that.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.