Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I need to hide search filters, but show pagination

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hide the search filters (because I'm displaying the filters separately in the sidebar), but still show pagination. If I remove the [wpv-filter-meta-html] shortcode, then I lose the pagination as well. I can hide the filters with some html (display: none;), but I'm hoping for a more elegant solution.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

No

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Clay

I'm guessing you have inserted your pagination controls in the Filter Editor, but if you look you will see you can also insert them in the Loop Output editor.

So move the shortcodes for the pagination to the Loop Output editor (inside the items found section but outside the loop itself).

Thanks. Your suggestion got me the layout I was looking for. However, now the pagination links don't work (they did before). When I click "Next," nothing happens.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Clay

I can see the problem when visiting the page of your site, there is a JS error when you hit the next link. It's not clear why, because the View ID matches up.

Could I take a look at your site for myself, I think that would be the quickest way to find the issue.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to do anything other than inspect your set up.

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Clay, trying to log in with those credentials it says the password is incorrect.

Let me mark your next reply as private again.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Clay

The problem was that you had removed the filter shortcode from the "Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor" section of your paintings View. I've re-instated it now and the pagination works.

When you want to split the search filters and the results, you specify this when inserting the View shortcode. So I also edited the page where you display this View and changed the wpv-view shortcode so that it displays only the search results, the filters being displayed separately in the sidebar.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.