Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I need featured image with link field, only have POST TITLE WITH LINK available

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Please check now, I have updated the Loop to use shortcodes, and applied the styles from the original design using inline CSS as best I can. The entire grid cell is now clickable.

Thats tremendous
Thank You!!!
Just one thing - can the heights of the boxes be the same?

if it is dependent on the amount of text, can the code limit the amount of lines to 4?

As I was explaining in the other ticket, it's not simple because of different browser settings for text size, different screen sizes, different font rendering, and several other factors. There is not a way to limit the number of "lines" in the shortcode, only by counting words or characters. The most straightforward solution when counting "words" is to set a minimum height on the grid cell and adjust that minimum height size so that all the cells have the same height. I've added a minimum height setting of 450px that seems to work well for all the cells at desktop sizes, can you confirm or tell me how to adjust?

IMG_9302.jpg

Hi Christian
ok, can you possibly restrict each cell to 125 characters?
maybe that will keep each property aligned better?

Also with the styling, would you mind sorting the alignment of the picture and heading box, it's sitting on the left leaving a gap, can they go to the edge (or just be consistent)

Thanks Christian, I know you've helped a lot. I'm hoping after these are done we are good to go.

Sure I have made a few adjustments. Please refresh the page and check now.

IMG_9305.jpg

Sorry Christian.
My client has come back to me and raise a fresh point.

See the image attached.
with the sort set 30000 - 130000
the results appear across 2 pages. Why is there a gap at the bottom of the first page (missing two) and yet properties appear on the second page. Could the properties not fill up first page before going onto page 2?

Dan

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fill-the-last-row-in-a-paginated-grid-view-before-requiring-pagination/

Okay I understand, your client has a different question related to the grid and pagination. I have split this new concern into a new forum ticket. Our policy is to focus on one topic per ticket, and I would like to keep this ticket focused on the original issue about the featured image.

Let's continue discussion of the grid in the new ticket here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fill-the-last-row-in-a-paginated-grid-view-before-requiring-pagination/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.