Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I have a development website I need Toolset to work while I fix it

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasN-3 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a website built with Toolset. I need to change other aspects of, so I set up a development site. But now Toolset doesn't want to work because it's more than my two websites. How can I get Toolset to work on this development site while I fix these other issues?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I will need a little more information on the issue that you are having so that I can best response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

First of all, Thomas is no longer in the picture. If you could remove his name and replace it with mine (Chris Austin), that would be much appreciated.

I recently renewed the licenses for two websites, the California Water Library and the Groundwater Exchange. I need to do a bunch of work on the Groundwater Exchange, so I created a test website, test.groundwaterexchange.org. When I launch that website, Toolset seems to know I don't have an authorization for it. I need Toolset to work so I can fix this website, and I need to do it offline because there is much work to be done.

How can this be made to work on the test website while I am working on it?

Actually. maybe it is working. It's just all these nasty messages in the plugins about not having a valid subscriptin.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately i'm unable to change it from my end.

Secondly your plugins will continue to work perfectly fine without the subscription. However in order to get these messages removed you will need to add your test site to your registered sites to get a product key to remove these messages.

From what I can see you have an Agency account so you have unlimited registration for your site keys.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.