Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I have 2 views set up – the post link titles in the Pop-up marker box don't link

This support ticket is created 3 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by perryA 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a map on the home page -- the the marker is clicked a pop-up show the post associated with the marker. When I click on the "R" marker post-title-link -- it does not link to the the template with the info (it posts to a blank page). The map was working great -- if you click on the "C" marker you can click on the title in the pop-up and it goes to the formatted template page.

The "R" titles stopped workin after I added the view "Our Work: Residential Projects" view. I added the view so I could pull all of the "Residential Projects" post into a portfolio on this page: hidden link.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

With the problem URL you shared: hidden link
- I do not see any map added with that URL.

Can you please tell me where exactly I can see the map or maybe you can also send me temporary access details that will allow me to dive into admin which will allow me to review your current setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

The issue was with your view: hidden link

You have added the same content template within your [wpv-conditional] statement.

I've changed the content template and I can see for both markers the marker popup is working as expected.

Sorry -- the issue isn't the pop-up content for the markers -- its the link from the pop-up content that takes you to the temaplate page fro the project. Right now Residential projects does not work (it pulls up a empty page, but the Commercial Project content links to a page populated with content...

Another issue with this... I set up a pop-up template (an Elementor pop-up template) for use with the "RPCC Teams" posts. The idea is that when a members photo is clicked on this pop-up window appears and populates with fields from the RPCC Teams posts. But this pop-up template now appears on the map too (if you click on a map marker, both the pop-up map content (photo and post title link) appears and the box template (empty white box with gold stroke) appear at the same time. I don't want the RPCC Team "view" to show up when the map marker is clicked (it's unrelated). How do I fix that?

Minesh
Supporter

The reason why the Residential projects was not displaying any content because you actually created a single template to display a single post of Residential projects post type and you assigned the view's content template. I unassigned the cotentent template you assigned to single post of Residential projects and now I can see when you click on "R" on map it works.
=> hidden link

As per our support policy, we entertain only one question per ticket. As your original issue is resolved with this ticket, I will split the ticket.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-i-have-2-views-set-up-the-post-link-titles-in-the-pop-up-marker-box-dont-link-popup-issue/

You are welcome to close this ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.