Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Several Invalid argument supplied for foreach() when trying to update Types

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When updating Types it throws many Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Solution:
Update Types to it's latest version

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screenshot-2018-4-21 http www mobilitysure co uk.png

I get a lot of repeating errors within wordpress admin, in particular on the plugins page, and when I try to switch on plugins. This only occurs when types is active. The page actually breaks completely when I try to switch on any other generic plugin. Please see attached screenshot.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/mo/bi/li/mobilitysure.co.uk/public_html/site/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 2291

: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/mo/bi/li/mobilitysure.co.uk/public_html/site/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:305) in

Great to finally have someone here in this forum reporting this issue.
I tried to move as many I could from here:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/class-wp-installer-php-issue/#post-10189135

Now, I need a copy of this site *before* you update (hence, before this happened).
Do you have such a copy?

If you do not, eventually a copy of the actual site with the error could help, but better would be both.
One before, and one like now.

Then I can immediately pass this to my ticket which is now filed for weeks and waiting for a proper way to replicate this issue.

Thanks!

I grabbed a copy of your database and replicated the issue locally.
I think all you need to do now is wait for our news.

Hi,

Could I have an update on the status of this issue?

There is no news.

I will update here when the issue is fixed.

For now, if you need to remove those errors simply re-download all the Toolset Plugins and re-install them
That will solve the issue and should not do anything to your site.

Nonetheless, please perform a backup before doing so.

Unfortunately that does not resolve the issue as all the plugins I installed are fresh copies. Do you have any indication of timeframes on when this could be resolved, and what are you are currently working on to try to resolve it? I need to report back to the owner of the website, who needs to know what's happening.

While we were able to see this issue it seems resolved when you use the RC version of Toolset.

Can you confirm this?
It is suggested to try this out on a staging site.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.