Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I don’t see the “add new repeatable group button”

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

On the edit field group screen when creating or editing a field group the button doesn't appear for adding a field group.

Solution:

The repeatable field groups are based on new Toolset post type relationships, but your website is still using the legacy post type relationship, so the button "Add New Group" isn't available in your website.

Please try these:

1) Backup your website, especially database.

2) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Relationships, click "Run the migration" button, then test again.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rotimiA 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 7.36.14 PM.png

On the edit field group screen when creating or editing a field group the button doesn't appear for adding a field group.
The group is assigned to a post type.

cfg.JPG

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, I can not duplicate the same problem in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, see my screenshot cfg.JPG

please check these in your website:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Custom Fields-> Post Fields
Click button "Add New Group", and test again

3) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, and test again

I have installed a new version on a live server but still have the same issue can you login to check my installation for the problem?

Yes, I have enabled the private message box, please provide your website credentials in it, also point out the problem field group URL, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website.

The repeatable field groups are based on new Toolset post type relationships, but your website is still using the legacy post type relationship, so the button "Add New Group" isn't available in your website.

Please try these:
1) Backup your website, especially database.
2) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Relationships, click "Run the migration" button, then test again.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.