Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I don't see how i get the conditional field to react to whether the "no" button is hit so the "Overnatning" field will be hidden

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi Lou,

I watched the video a few times but i think i need some help. I don't see how i get the conditional field to react to whether the "no" button is hit so the "Overnatning" field will be hidden.

Hello,

Please provide more details for the question?
Where do you want to "get the conditional field to react to whether the "no" button is hit so the "Overnatning" field will be hidden"?
In the custom search form or post form for editing/creating post?
Please point out the problem page URL, take a screenshot for it, thanks

Hi Lou,

Sorry, it is on the content template called "Template for camps - Final". Right now i have 2 fields displayed - the one you created called "Is the camp including a sleep over?" and then the field called "overnatning".

So if the host during the creation of the Camp says "no" in the "Is the camp including a sleep over?" field, on the content template the "overnatning" field should just be hidden, and the "Is the camp including a sleep over?" field should just say "no" so the customer can see that there is no sleep over.

If the host says "yes" and types in what to bring in the "overnatning" field, i would like the "overnatning" field to appear next to the "Is the camp including a sleep over?" field on the content template.

I can rearrange the boxes myself, but i need help with the part where the "overnatning" field is hidden if the hosts choose "no" in the "Is the camp including a sleep over?" field in the post form during the creation of the post.

Hi Lou,

Im sorry, it is on the content template called "Template for camps - Final". Right now i have 2 fields showing: "Is the camp including a sleep over?" and "overnatning".

The "Is the camp including a sleep over?" is the Yes/No field from the post form. The "overnatning" field is the field that appears in the post form if the host says "Yes". Here the host can type in what to bring for the sleepover.

So if the host choose "no" in the "Is the camp including a sleep over?" field i would like the "overnatning" field just to be hidden on the content template.

If the host choose "yes" and types in what to bring, i would like the "overnatning" field to appear next to the "Is the camp including a sleep over?" field on the content template.

I can rearrange the boxes on the content template myself, but i need help with the part where "overnatning" is hidden on the content template if the host choose "no" on the post form. And i tried with the conditional field but i can not figure out how to hide the "overnatning" field if the "Is the camp including a sleep over?" = "no".

wpv-conditional.JPG

I have setup a demo in your website:
hidden link
in grid "OVERNATNING" add a Toolset Conditional block, setup the conditions as below screenshot wpv-conditional.JPG

Please check if it is what you want.

Hi Lou,
That is exactly what i want! Is it possible to include the title "Overnatning" in the condition as well so that both the text and title will be hidden?

You just need to move the title "Overnatning" into the conditional block, I have setup the demo in your website.

Perfect thank you so much! It works so i'll just keep it as it is now with what you did 🙂 thank you

OK, please update here if you still need more assistance for it, thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi Lou,

Sorry to ask you again - but in the search filter - is it possible to add another button so it goes
"Yes"
"No"
"Both"?

Yes, you can find and edit the search filter, setup the options manually, please let me know if you need more assistance for it.

Hi Lou,

When i try and edit the view i do not get the "sleepover" search filter and the options following it. Can you help? I had the problem before. I press edit and i only see the dates, age/level and locaton.

field-filter.JPG

I have changed that field filter as below screenshot field-filter.JPG

Please test again, check if it is what you want, thanks

Hi Lou,

it works when i first enter the page. If i den choose a date AND REMOVE IT AGAIN it only get "YES", "NO" and not "BEGGE" back.

Try and test it yourself by going to this page: hidden link

You will see all 3 filters. Then choose a date and remove it again - then you only see "JA"(yes) and "NEJ"(no)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.