Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I created a colorpicker field, i need to show it on my frontend as a fill square

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
colorpicker-1.jpg
colorpicker-0.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am trying to create a colorpicker with repeating field. creating the fields is not a problem.
my problem is that i am creating the content template to show it on the front end using Visual composer.
when i insert the shortcode of the colorpicker "[types field='colour-fields' separator=', '][/types]" field i dont get the color rendered as a square or circle with the chosen color, all i can see is the number of the HEX code.
How can i style and show squares or circles on the front end from the chosen colorpicker of the post?

Please see attachment of what i am trying to achieve

Is there any documentation that you are following?
i tried to read in your Documentation but i get lost since i am new in using toolset

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Attached image

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Color picker stores hexadecimal RGB color code in database and that is why it will give you hexadecimal color code value on the frontend. There is no feature available to display color picker filed value as square or circle.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#colorpicker

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.