Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I can't translate table headings using WPML in a View

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
WMPL Can find table headings.png

I am trying to translate a View. The values in the field are translating after I translate the CPT. You can see here the values in the German text add de after the English in my tests: hidden link

If you change the language to German - you can see the text in the table cells change. So the translation system works.

However. I can't seem to translate the table headings (see screenshot) I have attempted to do so, but not change is seen on the front end of the website.

Here is the code for the filter:
[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]

[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]City / Territory:[/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="city-state" url_param="city-state"]
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Practices:[/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="practices" url_param="practices" type="select" values=",Project Mantra,Babaji Surya Namaskar,OM Chanting,OM Chanting Workshop,Simply Meditation,Atma Kriya Yoga,Mudra I,Mudra II" display_values="All,Project Mantra,Babaji Surya Namaskar,OM Chanting,OM Chanting Workshop,Simply Meditation,Atma Kriya Yoga,Mudra I,Mudra II"]
[wpv-filter-spinner container="div" position="before" spinner="hidden link"][/wpv-filter-spinner]

[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

Here is the code for the View:

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<table class="table table-responsive">
<thead>
<tr>
<th></th>
<th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-full-name"]Full Name[/wpv-heading]</th>
<th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-city-state"]City / Territory[/wpv-heading]</th>
<th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-practices"]Practices[/wpv-heading]</th>
<th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-email"]Contact[/wpv-heading]</th>
<th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-languages"]Languages[/wpv-heading]</th>
<th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-travel"]Teaching Options[/wpv-heading]</th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody class="wpv-loop js-wpv-loop">
<wpv-loop>
[wpv-post-body view_template="Loop item in Sadhana Teachers List"]
</wpv-loop>
</tbody>
</table>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
<div class="alert alert-info">[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No results. Try to change your search.[/wpml-string]</div>
[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

The problem seems to be with the wpv-heading name e.g: <th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-full-name"]Full Name[/wpv-heading]</th>

How do I use WMPL to translate this text?

Dear Seb,

Please try this, use WPML shortcode [wpml-string] to wrap those strings you want to translate, for example, replace this line from:

<th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-full-name"]Full Name[/wpv-heading]</th>

To:

<th>[wpv-heading name="types-field-full-name"][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Full Name[/wpml-string][/wpv-heading]</th>

And test again, more help:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.