Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I can only create 7 child posts

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

Hi there
I have a post parent type 'EVENT' and a post child type 'EVENT DATES'. The child cred form to create the child post is embedded in the parent post template.
For some reason I can only create 7 children and after that the child cred form, on clicking submit, does not create the post. Instead it displays nothing. I am not sure how long this has been the case since this is the first time I have tried to create more than 7 children.
The database shows that the auto-DRAFT is registered but then the post itself is not.
Each time I try to create another child post the server indicates an Error 500.
Not sure what to make of it...!

Hi, can you try the following troubleshooting process first?
- Update to the latest version of WordPress and all Toolset plugins
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen and deactivate all plugins except Types, Views, Forms, and Maps. If you want to activate a Maintenance Mode plugin during testing that's fine too.
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns. Try to pinpoint one specific component that causes the conflict.
- If the problem was not resolved, let's turn on server logs to get more information about the error. If you're not familiar with server logs, I can show you how to activate them temporarily. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Now submit the Form once more to trigger the error. This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory with some additional information. Please copy + paste that information in your next reply. Then you can revert the changes you made in wp-config.php.

Thanks Christian. I updated wordpress and all the plugins and ran the relationship migration (finally...I didn't want to do that for this site as it is SO much work to update all the templates, views, forms etc...) Sorry for the delay in response. Have spent the last 5 days fixing it. However, the good news is, I can now create unlimited child posts.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.