Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am trying to recreate a vertical infinite scrollable slider.

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matteoM-6 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to create a vertical slider like the one I've pasted from codepen. The one I've pasted doesn't loop, I would want to show projects in a post-type I've created in loop on scroll.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Toolset Views plugin does offer a built-in infinite scrolling feature, as explained in this guide:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/infinite-scrolling-in-views/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar, thank you for your answer.

I have tried using toolset infinite scrolling but the function from you developed it's quite different to the one I've gave as an example. For instance, If I have 10 projects in total and I display 6 projects on each page, on the second page I would have 4 and not 6 so that doesn't help as it differs from what I am trying to achieve.

Do you think I could be able to achieve it just by using what you've attached or would I need to work around with some custom Javascript function on the side?

Thanks,
Matteo

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for writing back and sorry about the delay in getting back on this.

Your observation is correct and Toolset's built-in infinite scrolling feature shows the result based on the set pagination number but doesn't automatically fill them in from the start.

For infinite scrolling, that keeps looping through the available results, you're welcome to submit a feature request at:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

For now, this will require some customization and for personalized assistance around custom code, you can consider hiring a professional from our list of recommended contractors:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thank you for your reply.

I have to admit that It's a bit annoying that after 3 years of updates you still haven't introduced some new function more up to date, something towards the future. Technologies are now evolving quicker than before.

Have a nice day.
Matteo

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.