Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am trying to edit an existing view but i am getting an error so cannot edit

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulV-8 3 years, 6 months ago.

Author
Image 1.png
Image 2.png
Image 3.png

I am trying to edit an existing view that i have created using Toolset. The view is already in use on the site and is rendering on the front end as expected.
However, If i go to edit the existing view i get an error in the back end.
Image 1 - When retrieving the view in the back end it displays the view, It then asks me if i want to edit the original or make a copy, i select edit the original
Image 2- I get an error message
Image 3 - When i click on resolve this is the message i get

This is on all existing views.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Before going any further, could you try disabling all non-Toolset plugins and switching theme to twentytwenty and seeing if the problem persists, I suspect there could be a compatibility issue. If you can then edit the Views it confirms some conflict and you should be able to identify the cause through a process of elimination.

Otherwise, I think we will need a copy of your site to be able to inspect it and see if we can determine the cause.

hidden link

You can share a copy via dropbox or similar here.

image 4.png

I have deactivated all plugins and moved to twenty twenty theme but still have the same issue. I even tried creating a new view. The editor worked fine and i saved it. Reloaded the page and got the same issue!

I have created a back up via duplicator. Can you turn this ticket private and i will share a dropbox link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

External links are automatically hidden from other users, you can just paste the link in a public reply and it will be visible only to us and yourself.

hidden link

I was thinking back to changes i have done to the site over the last week and the only thing i did other than editing was some speed optimisation work.
We host with Siteground. They have a plugin called SG optimiser which allows you to combine JS and CSS files for speed optimisation. Could this be the cause?
Luckily i have taken a back up of the site and database before making any optimisation changes so i might try re-installing from that back up and see if that fixes it

Hi, I have restored the back up to before the SG optimizer optimisation and it all works as expected again. I will be closing this ticket as a result

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.