Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am trying to customize the template for a taxonomy and cannot output links

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a custom taxonomy setup called "Location" that I am using to organize content by state, county, and city.

I am trying to customize the template used for the taxonomy so that the child location pages are linked from the location page you're on, if there are child options available.

For example, on the "Ohio" location archive I want to include a table of all the counties in Ohio. Then on a county page, I'd like to show all of the cities under that county. Then on city pages that portion of the template wouldn't be visible.

How can I achieve this? I see there are content templates for taxonomies but when I create a content template for the location taxonomy, the taxonomy still uses the default archive template (just a list of all the posts). I tried creating a "view" and selected:

content selection: taxonomy --> location
query filter: taxonomy parent --> select taxonomy terms whose parent is the current taxonomy archive

This replaced the archive template but the content output is blank (even though I have several locations setup).

Here is an example that should be showing one county: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I hope you already created the required post-relationship as I explained with my previous ticket.

Basically, if you want to display the related child posts, you need to create a view and add a query filter to filter by post relationship to display your related child posts.

Please try to follow the following doc:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/#displaying-many-related-items

If you require further help, please fell free to get in touch with me.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.