Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am getting error when upload images and Toolset Types is probably a reason

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cassianS 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
Upload images or save changes of pages/posts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

When I upload images I get the error: "Post-processing of the image failed. If this is a photo or a large image, please scale it down to 2500 pixels and upload it again." Google Dev Console shows at the same time following error: "the server responded with a status of 500 /wp-admin/async-upload.php"

Also, 500 error sometimes appears after saving changes to posts or pages.

After deactivating plugins I found that if Toolset Types is deactivated I see no errors.
If this is a known issue could you please advise a solution to fix it or when it is going to be fixed?
Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It looks like the issue you reported is belongs to WordPress. I am able to locate the few tickets reported to the WordPress forum.
=> https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-upload-images-67/

There is number of workarounds shared by the users with the above WordPress support forum topic. You should try to check those and I hope that will help you to resolve your issue.

And a few articles as well;
=> hidden link
=> hidden link

Thank you. I will check the articles you sent me. Also, I see that new Toolset types release just came and I would like to see any changes after I update the plugin. I am going to close this ticket for now.

Sorry, I reopen the ticket.
The reason why os because after deactivating Toolset Plugins I don't have any issues with image upload and save pages. It makes me fill that the Toolset is a part or the reason for this issue. So I would still need your assistance

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - Can you please share the problem URL where I can see the issue and access details.

Please let me know with what field I will be able to see the error.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I checked further on your install and the issue looks like belongs to your theme, not the Toolset plugins.

Currently - ALL Toolset plugins are active on your install but I just switched to the default 2020 theme and I can see multiple images are uploaded successfully.

Once you run your test, please feel free to switch back to your theme where you will see the problem again.

Thank you. So we have a conflict of WP them with Toolset. What would you recommend to do in this case?

Maybe you could advise where is the issue, so I could let WP theme developers know about it

Minesh
Supporter

Have you changed the wp-admin access details as I do not able to login to the admin.

However - you should disable ALL Toolset plugin and activate your BusinessLounge - Child Theme and try to upload the images. Do you see issue still happens even all Toolset plugins are deactivated? If yes - you need to contact your theme author.

yes, when either WP theme or Toolset plugins deactivated I don't experience the issue.
That's why since this is a kind of conflict of Toolset with WP theme I would like to ask your opinion what exactly may cause this issue?
Maybe you or your coworkers faced with a similar situation and you could point where is the problem...

Minesh, sorry you couldn't access wp-admin. You were blocked for exceeding login attempts. I removed the block so you should be able to access the admin panel

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - Can I have a duplicator copy of your install.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package.

I can only see the error message when BusinessLounge – Child theme and views plugin active. I'm not sure yet what is the core issue here and that is why I've escalated the issue for further debugging to our next level support. Please hold on for further updates.

Thank you, Minesh.

Minesh
Supporter

Our Devs suggested that for now, you should comment out the following line of code available at the following path at line #20:
=> \wp-views\vendor\toolset\common-es\php\Library\ImageUpscale\Upscale.php

add_filter( 'image_resize_dimensions', array( $this, 'image_resize_dimensions' ), 10, 6 ); 

Our Devs will try to fix this issue as soon as possible.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.