Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Huge drop in performance for rendering a few posttypes

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have a huge drop in performance and really high rendering time for two particular post types - it is more than 10 sec as minimum.

Solution:

The client has fixed it by upgrading WPML plugins.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by kirillS-3 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
image.png
image-5.png
image-4.png
image-3.png
image-2.png

I have a lot of custom post types and average site performance is great.
But I have a huge drop in performance and really high rendering time for two particular post types - it is more than 10 sec as minimum.
Examples: hidden link
hidden link
Please find in pictures more detailed analytics from new relic.
Please let me know how could I solve this isseu.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

When I checked those pages in my browser, I noticed several errors and warnings in the browser's console.

Despite that, during testing these pages in the browser and page speed testing tools like GTmetrix ( hidden link ) and Pingdom ( hidden link ), they tend to load well under 8-10 seconds.

These results are very encouraging, especially considering the fact that there are a number of third-party scripts being loaded from the external sources too.

Have you noticed any difference in the set up of these two post types and the others? Is it possible that the spike in the performance was recorded in the new relic during the execution of any parallel background task?

In either way, my suggestion would be to:

1. Troubleshoot and remove the errors and warnings shown in the browser's console:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/

2. Run some tests through tools like GTmetrix and Pingdom, and then try to follow their recommendations., as much as possible.

Note: if you see any errors or warnings in the server's error logs related to Toolset plugins, please share them with us.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi! Your description is mainly about front end. I see that there is big issue in the back end (on server side).
You even could try this page: hidden link - you could see that it is empty and still loading at least 8-10 sec.
Most of pages on this site loaded in 1-2 sec, so, this is a huge drop to average.
Also if you will try Google Insight it will return errors most of times. As result it means that google almost could not index it.
So, from my point of view there is something with this post type which lead to huge increase in rendering only for these posts.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

During troubleshooting, I couldn't find anything in your website's settings that could result in the performance issue(s).

I tried to download the duplicator package, but it is asking for the access permission.

Can you please grant this permission so that I can test this on my own server?

I can't give your permission to the previous link (some Google limitation) but I could give you another link. Please allow private message for me to update data.

shtudienkolleg-dyusseldorf.JPG

Hello,

Waqar is on vacation, I will take care this thread.

I have tried both URLs you mentioned above:
hidden link
hidden link

But I don't see the problem:

But I have a huge drop in performance and really high rendering time for two particular post types - it is more than 10 sec as minimum

In my Chrome browser, the HTML doc loading time is within 1 second, see screenshot: shtudienkolleg-dyusseldorf.JPG

Is this problem resolved? If you still need assistance for it, please check your another thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cant-find-content-template-in-backend-list-of-content-templates/#post-1696989

Please provide a valid database dump file, thanks

After latest update from WPML problem solved. It looks like it was some issue in WPML.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.