Skip Navigation

[Resolved] HTTP ERROR 500 after activating Toolset Layouts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yeeloonl 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,

I am trying to install the "Travel Destinations – Directory site". Hence, I proceeded with the activating the plugins in following order:

- Toolset Types (already activated prior)
- Toolset Blocks
- Toolset Framework Installer
- Toolset Access
- Toolset Forms
- Toolset Maps
- Lastly Toolset Layouts (gives page Error 500 when I access the dashboard and the main website). De-activating it via FTP allows access back to the site and dashboard.

Can you assist and advice what is wrong? I just want to see install the demo Framework to get started. : (

Look forward to your favorable reply.

Thanks,
yeeloon

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Seems like an internal server error. The best way we can know what the exact issue is, is to enable the wordpress debugging.

To do this I would recommend going to the link below and following the instructions.

hidden link.

Once you have done this please let me know the error that is produced.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi...

Initially, I have only the Toolset Type plugin activated, my website is loading fine and all. But once I activated the Toolset Blocks plugin activated, the homepage displays "There has been a critical error on your website".

Again, I de-activated Toolset Blocks, the website goes loading properly without the above error. So how!!? Can you advice what is the problem?

I am not happy with this plugin giving me headaches on and off..

Regards,
yeeloon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yeeloon,

Unfortunately I cannot give an accurate response as to what the issue is unless you provide me with the debug information.

I would need for you to enable the wordpress debugging and then let me know what exactly the error is for me to provide an accurate response on how to resolve the issue.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

chup-debugerror.jpg

Here it is... not sure if it's done correctly but I have enabled the wp-config to "define('WP_DEBUG', true);"

It doesn't tell much info.. .other than insufficient memory issue.. is it?

let me know. Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yeeloon,

Given that this is the nature of the error, your wordpress install is running out of memory.

I would suggest going to the link below and follow the instructions to increase your wordpress memory limit.
hidden link',file%20back%20to%20your%20server.

Please let me know if after you've done this if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane... it is loading properly right now. Thanks for the help! ; )

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yeeloon,

Happy I was able to assist you with this.

If there are no further issues then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.