Skip Navigation

[Resolved] HTML text instead of plain text

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 2.24.43 PM.png

I have build a custom search have styled catamaran listing pages using toolset. Here is an example of the listing pages: hidden link

The client now wants to know if we can replace the top section underneath the header, price etc, where the text starts with a text editor similar to the standard wordpress editor.

At the moment that field is just plain text so he cant make text bold, different colours or assign new headers in that space. So he wants to know if it is possible to rather have that specific field as a normal WYSIWYG / wordpress editor.

Please advise.

I have attached a screenshot of which section I am talking about.

Thanks
Aimee

Hi, it sounds like you have a single-line or multi-line text custom field and you want to replace it with a WYSIWYG field. It's not currently possible to convert a text field to a WYSIWYG field because the data format is quite different. Instead, you could add a new WYSIWYG field in the custom field editor. Then you would update your templates to display the WYSIWYG field instead of (or in addition to) the original single line or multiple line text field. Your client could manage both fields in wp-admin, or if you use Forms, you would have to update your Form to include the new field.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.