Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to use/add a custom comments.php to my child theme?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years ago.

Author

I don't want to use the build in comment code (from wordpress, according to your documentation )and then play around with CSS.
I want to use the comment module in Layouts but I want to use my own comments.php file to change order of things.
How can I add a simple comments.php file to my child theme? I just copied the comments.php file from Twenty seventeen theme into my child theme folder. Looks like toolset doesn't care about that one at all???

Do I need to add it through my child themes' function.php?
Please advice. Been struggling with this half day now :-/

Thanks, Pierre

To customize your theme please refer to the WordPress Support Forums.

The Layouts Comments Cell will output the Comments as added by WordPress.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/comments-cell/

It is extremely well customizable but won't pick up your theme style, instead, as stated in the DOC; it applies WP default styles and rules which can be customized (as documented).

Can you let us know what exactly you try to achieve that cannot be done with the Current cell settings and CSS/filters?

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.