[Resolved] How to use a Beta

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dave 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author

Hi,

Hopefully a quick, easy and probably fairly dumb question here but I've been experiencing the Gravity Forms date picker issue outlined here :

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/date-picker-conflict-with-gravity-forms/

I nearly had heart failure when I realised it was Views (which is one of my favourite plugins and the backbone of my site causing this issue.

However, I've gone and downloaded the beta but obviously as it is a beta I can't just install it. I don't want to uninstall Views as I have a lot of active Views and Content Templates and have been unable to find any level of clarity on using a beta so could you please clarify for me what I need to do and how to retain my work etc.

Many thanks,

Dave.

P.S

I didn't see it mentioned in the above link but Views is also preventing GForms Preview from working on forms containing the date picker, I'm pretty sure its exactly the same reason the date picker is failing but just in case here's the Javascript console error:

ReferenceError: wpv_calendar_image is not defined [hidden link

Dear Dave,

You can deactivate and delete your current Views plugin and you wont loose any work. Then just upload the beta zip file and activate it.

However, it is a good idea to backup first. Let me know if you still have problems with the beta version.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

That was the reassurance I needed to install the Beta, sadly it hasn't fixed the original issue. I'll outline it in greater detail as I've been investigating around it.

With either version of Views installed (1.1.1 or 1.1.2b) the Gravity Forms date picker will not render correctly (the month and year drop downs appear with the next and previous arrows each side and a small rectangle to the right, no actual calendar) on the front end form but deactivating Views fixes this issue.

The date picker on the custom post type edit screen in the WordPress admin renders incorrectly, just as described for the front end form, uninstalling Views has no effect on this.

With Views 1.1.1 installed Gravity Forms with a date picker will not preview, generating the Java Script error I listed above, this is fixed in 1.1.2b and the preview works correctly and the date picker works in the preview.

Any thoughts, advice and things we can try Caridad?

Cheers,

Dave

Caridad, any news on this issue?

Dear Dave,

We have sinced released Views 1.1.2. Can you check if the issue still exists there? If so, I will forward the issue to the developers team.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

As stated in the follow up thread to this one, found here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/sorting-view-by-field-value-fields-error/

I've had 1.1.2 installed since it's release on 27/8/12 and the issue is still present.

Just to confirm I've opened the main file and here is the header for you to check to make sure I'm up to date:

/*
Plugin Name: WP Views
Plugin URI: https://toolset.com/
Description: When you need to create lists of items, Views is the solution. Views will query the content from the database, iterate through it and let you display it with flair. You can also enable pagination, search, filtering and sorting by site visitors.
Author: ICanLocalize
Author URI: http://wpml.org
Version: 1.1.2
*/

Dear Dave,

I was able to get a copy of Gravity Forms and I installed it with Views 1.1.2 on a clean install. I noticed a CSS conflict that you can avoid adding these few lines in functions.php:

add_filter('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'remove_datepicker' );
function remove_datepicker() {
wp_dequeue_style( 'date-picker-style' );
}

Let me know if this solves your problem and I will forward the issue to the developers for fixing.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

That was exactly what I was looking for and it has fixed the date picking issue!

Thanks for that, I didn't like having commented code, especially seeing as it would have gone with an update.

Cheers!