Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to translate imagebox cell with WPML

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi guys,

how am I supposed to translate content (alt text, link) in imagebox cell with WPML?

I don't see any box in translation interface.

Thanks
Carlo

That's a great question and I'm not sure offhand. Rather than just saying "it's not possible" let me reach out to our secondary supporters to see if they know better. Please standby and I will update you as soon as I hear something.

It appears that translation of these fields has not yet been implemented. Our developers are aware that this has has been requested, and are planning to include the feature in an upcoming release. I do not have a timeline for that release yet, but I will keep you posted here as I receive more information. For now, unfortunately, I do not have a good workaround for translating this image cell's fields.

Hi Christian,

thanks for your help.
Ok actually I made a copy/paste of the imagebox generated code to a visual box cell and get the code to translate through WPML interface.

It would be helpful to add a note to the docs about this lack of feature.

Thanks
Carlo

I'll ask our documentation team to update the documentation, though sometimes this takes a while. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.