Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to speed up the site that using Views and Content Template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi, I have built this site using Toolset Views, Content Templates, Forms, Maps, Access.
When I do a speed test using goolge pagespeed or pingdom tool, for TTFB I have over 8 seconds and in the same time period, the Server CPU goes up to 80%...
I have tried to use Autoptimize and Async Javascript plugins to try to solve this problem, but nothing changes...
If I deactivate Views, the TTFB goes down to 2 seconds.
I have tried to change Divi theme to Astra, but I don't have any speed up...

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I don't know

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I need to have a site that speeds up like this hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Have you tried using a Caching plugin to reduce the requests to your database for data ?

If you're not using any caching plugin then you can try using the one below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/

Usually when your site has alot of data, the many requests to the database can cause a high cpu usage. Also running on earlier versions of PHP can cause the issue as well. Ensure that your php version meets the minimum requirements of wordpress core.
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Please try this and let me know if it helps with your CPU usage.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, Shane.

So I have installed and activated wp super cache plugin, and also, after the activation of wp super cache plugin, I have activated a cloudflare cdn free account, I have changed the server name with the cloudflare cdn values, but nothing changes...
I don't know what I should do...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

Are you able to contact your host ? If so could you contact them and ask them to do a check to see what exactly is causing the issue.

Also please ensure that your php version is at least version 7.3

If you get any diagnosis information from your host please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
the PHP version is 7.3.

I have a TTFB around 5 seconds...
This because I have an elevated number of requests, around 144...
And an elevated number of DOM, around 2099...

I use cloudflare and autoptimize plugin...

But I don't know how should I do to solve the TTFB value...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

I took a look at the site, from what I see you have quite a number of views on your page as well as other plugins acting on the same page.

So it is expected that the load times for this page would be lower, given that you have so many images loading as well as multiple views querying the database for information. There is not a lot that we can do about this given the functionality of your site.

The best we can do is to suggest optimizing your site by using caching as we as to optimize your images for the web using the plugin below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/ewww-image-optimizer/

With that said your website page is loaded fully within 5-10 seconds on my end which is within the normal expected range for a dynamic website like this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
thank you for your reply.

Then, the only solution to increase the speed is to rebuild the entire homepage using PHP and WordPress loop, without Toolset?

To optimize the image I'm using the WP Smush Pro plugin and his CDN.
The total images size is around 900KB

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

That would be ideal but not practical given that you have quite a few things being displayed on the homepage.

Given you still want to maintain all you content on the homepage.

I would suggest evaluating the page and removing any information that isn't deemed as necessary. This problem wouldn't be unique Toolset only because if you were manually querying the database for the data it would still result in the same load on your page.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.