Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how to reset the layouts that were setup for the theme by the installer

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
reset all the layouts that were installed by the wizard that sets all the layouts for a specific Genesis theme.

In fact I would like to go back to the default layout that was set bij the wizard installer (Genesis integration plugin for Toolset that makes these layout based on the child theme) for e.g. a layout for posts listing after something goes wrong when changing the layout. The first time the installer does a fine job in recognizing the theme loops and so on.

I made all layouts status ''not used" en threw them all away to test this. Then the installer button comes up and says ''Do you want to prepare this site for quick editing with Toolset?", but after finishing the wizard the layouts are still all gone.

How to reset all the layouts, or even beter to reset one layout that was made by the installer when starting?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ingrid,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I believe you are making reference to restoring the layouts to their default settings correct?

Would it be ok if I provided an export file with the layouts for you ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
if the export would work for every genesis child theme and recognize all relevant loops, cells etc, then yes. It would be even better to be able to reset each layout if needed, so that tweaked layouts like a single post layout etc, would not be overwritten by importing a ''default layouts file''. Thanks for checking this!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ingrid,

You can download the file here.
hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

hi,
thanks, however do you have a simple accessible link to the file to test? This link is not working. Thanks again!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ingrid,

Try this one below
hidden link

I've changed the access permissions on it.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.