[Resolved] How to put the pagination (from wp pagenavi) at the bottom

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Emmanuel 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

I ask you some help about a custom pagination. The post is here : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/url-rewriting-for-pagination/

It's work well but each time I use this function, I have the pagination at the top and before all the content... it's not very beautiful because I use a big table after a text and if the user must go at the top in order to go to the next page, he will think that it's not very practical.

Could you help me to find how we could put the pagination where we want (just after or just before the view layout) ?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Emmanuel

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Hi Emmanuel,

Please try this:
Edit your view, click the link "Fully customize the View HTML output",
Put the shortcode [wpv-pagination] in to your view top and buttom, like this:

[wpv-pagination]
[wpv-filter-meta-html]
[wpv-layout-meta-html]
[wpv-pagination]

Regards
Luo

Hi,

In this post : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/url-rewriting-for-pagination/
CaridadZ give me a code in order to generate a page navigation with the plugin wp pagenavi.

With this, I have goods urls like /page-2/ , /page-3/ , etc. and a good visual.

For use it, I have a new shortcode [wpv-pagenavi] that CaridadZ find for have this result. The problem is that I can put this shortcode anywhere in my view, the pagination is always generated directly at the top of the page (I see it in the source code... just after the breadcrumb).

I don't know how to say to wp pagenavi that it could generated his pagination where we want... I try to put the shortcode [wpv-pagenavi] at differents places, it's always the same thing.

To help you to understand the situation, please see the screenshot whit this post.

Thank you !
Regards,
Emmanuel

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Emmanuel, please try modify the php codes, as this:

Replace this line:

wp_pagenavi( array('query' => $WP_Views->post_query) );

With this:

return wp_pagenavi( array('query' => $WP_Views->post_query, 'echo'=>false) );

Hi Luoy,

Thank you a lot, it's work like a charm. A very good result 🙂

Thank you again for your assistance.

Best regards
Emmanuelk