Skip Navigation

[Closed] How to prepend custom statusus to post title [CLOSED] or [EXPIRED] Title of Post

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Do some custom PHP to prepend WP Title of a Custom Post Type with a status such as [CLOSED] or [EXPIRED] based on datepicker posted end date.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: N/A

Instead, I got: N/A

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Could you please explain your problem in brief, exactly where you want to use your post title? where you want to display your post title? Few screenshots will be helpful.

If you are using views, you can get CPT title using shortcode:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#vf-153369

prepend3.png
prepend1.png

I want to be able to add such a filter to auto prepend a word with colon (:) before the post's title to indicate current status. This would parse whereever I call the post title in any related post type view or content template.

We use CRED datepicker to display a deadline from a CRED form submission. We want the posted content title to automatically prepend a word such as CLOSED or EXPIRED from the posted deadline of CRED datepicker. So if you look at the link I found on the internet closely addressing this you will see how they explain the prepend code. At present, I'm manually editing each expired post title to preface CLOSED or EXPIRED. Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

If I understand you correctly, you have one CRED form where you will chose your date and then you will save the CRED form. Once you save the form you need to display that post title with prefix you mentioned.

Can you please confirm this or guide me if I misunderstand your problem

The topic ‘[Closed] How to prepend custom statusus to post title [CLOSED] or [EXPIRED] Title of Post’ is closed to new replies.