Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to make a default field for a specific forum in bbpress

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ayoub-aliq 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

hi
I created 4 forums in bbpress
But when I create a form by toolset custom fileds I want to be automatically saved in forum number 3, for example
How do I create a custom field to make it a default forum in the form

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please clarify are you using Toolset form to create a form using the custom fields created using Types plugin or you want to use the custom field created using Types with forms created using bbpress?

Yes i Use custom fields for toolset types
But I want to know how to select a default from in the front end

thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

The site flow you are talking about is still not clear to me. Can you please share where exactly you are using the custom fields created using Types? If you are using bbpress form then you need to find bbpress hook and assign the default value to the custom field when you submit the form.

If you are using Toolset form then you can use the Toolset form's hook: cred_save_data

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

03.png
02.png
01.png

please see attached picture

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I can see that you have 4 forums created and now when you try to submit the post it should be attached to the specific forum you want.

If you can share access details and the problem URL of the form where you added the form I can check how the forum dropdown is displayed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.