Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to make a custom field that shows the dropdown list from other post types

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am creating a post type providing job news where I want a custom field to input the name of the Company stored in a separate post type. How to achieve that?

Second query: Is there any I can make a custom field for job locations picking up the value from Google places?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Have you checked the post reference field?
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/using-post-reference-fields-to-display-information-from-a-related-post/#adding-a-post-reference-field

Second query: Is there any I can make a custom field for job locations picking up the value from Google places?
=> Toolset offer add on plugin Toolset map which allows you to store the address value to the custom field.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

I am creating a post type providing job news where I want a custom field to input the name of the Company stored in a separate post type. How to achieve that?
Hi, you can use post relationships to relate posts in different post types. This is probably the most effective way to link two different posts. If you want a custom field instead, you would have to manually manage the field values. Each time a post is added or deleted, you would have to add or delete that post from the custom field options.

Is there any I can make a custom field for job locations picking up the value from Google places?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but there's no integration between Types fields and Google places. The address field offered in Toolset Maps is the only integration available. Can you show me an example, or provide some additional details?

See my first query has been met.

Now for the second query, let me explain things with an example. Say there are two job opening at Mumbai and London. Now I want to integrate these places with my respective job locations without maintaining a separate database for places. Rather I would like to connect with Google places so that whenever there is a job at that place, I can populate the view.

Hope you understand my point.

Unfortunately no, there is no integration with Google Places. However you can use a distance-based filter to show jobs within a certain distance of any arbitrary location.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.