Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to let users to add user adding field

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yosukeS 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 1.16.18 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

1.I have a form witch includes 2 taxonomy (business categories and Product Catgories) I have already have Add new button.
However only admin account can actually add new fields.

I think this is some kind of permission issue. I have tried to change few changes on Access. But so far, I am not successful for non admin user to add new data.

2. I also want to let users to add new Certification(which is just a multi-check box), but I don't know how to add the capability to let user enter new data by "Add New" button like the categories above.

How can I achieve these?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Yosuke,

Thank you for getting in touch.
1.I have a form witch includes 2 taxonomy (business categories and Product Catgories) I have already have Add new button.
However only admin account can actually add new fields.

Are you saying that only admins can use the Add New button to add a new taxonomy term to the form ? Or are you referring to adding a new custom field ?

I think this is some kind of permission issue. I have tried to change few changes on Access. But so far, I am not successful for non admin user to add new data.
If you disable the access plugin, does it allow non admin users to use the add new button ?

2. I also want to let users to add new Certification(which is just a multi-check box), but I don't know how to add the capability to let user enter new data by "Add New" button like the categories above.

This won't be possible since this i'm assuming is a custom field created in Types. This means that any new value that is added needs to be done through the admin panel on the backend.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 2.42.09 PM.png

1. I Only admins can use the Add New button. See screenshot. When I click "Add New" button, nothing happens except when I am accessing from Admin account. This is what I want to solve.

> UPDATE

I found the cause. There is a code snipet for elementor. This was causing the issue

------------------------------

add_action( 'wp_head', function () { ?>
<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
//get the hash tag
//hash exist
setTimeout(function () {
var current = window.location.href
var current = current.split('#tab')
if (current.length > 1) {
showAndScrollToTab($, current)
}
}, 200);
// activate tab also from anchor link in the same page
$('a').on('click', function () {
var anchorUrl = $(this).attr('href')
var anchor = anchorUrl.split('#tab')
if (anchor.length > 1) {
showAndScrollToTab($, anchor)
}
})
})

function showAndScrollToTab($, current) {
//saving the first 3 digits from current
//using anchorHide to remove the corresponding class
var anchorHide = current[1].substring(0,3);
$('[id*="'+anchorHide+'"]').removeClass('elementor-active')
$('#elementor-tab-title-' + current[1]).addClass('elementor-active')
$('[id*="'+anchorHide+'"]').removeClass('elementor-active').css('display','none')
$('#elementor-tab-content-' + current[1]).addClass('elementor-active').css('display','block')

}
</script>
<?php } );

Could you tell which part of this code cause the issue?

-------------------------------

2. Is it not possible because tool cannot have the feature? Or the way I set up is wrong?
If I delete this certification check boxes and start over, can I do it?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Yosuke,

Unforutnately without seeing the page I can't tell what exactly is wrong . Secondly have you tried to disable the non-toolset plugins and check to see if the issue remains ?

Currently based on what you've sent me the issue seems to be caused by a Javascript error not allowing the add new button to work.

Is the code snippet a custom snippet or did it come with elementor ?

2. Is it not possible because tool cannot have the feature? Or the way I set up is wrong?
If I delete this certification check boxes and start over, can I do it?

The only way to have a user add a new certification on the frontend is to use the taxonomy. This way the taxonomy will generate with an Add New button which allows the user to add new terms.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you for your help. Mi replaced the field with a new taxonomy to solve the issue as you suggested.
Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.