Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how to insert toolset shortcode in elementor text widget

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Schermata 2020-01-20 alle 11.34.18.png
Schermata 2020-01-20 alle 11.34.55.png

I'm developing with elementor site builder and toolset for custom post type and fields, but when I edit a page with elementor, in text widget I can't find the toolset insert buttons like a normal post page text editor (see screenshot to compare)
Now i use this workaround: open and edit a normal post, insert the toolset shortcode then copy this code to a tex widget in elementor... it's a pain
it's possible to have toolset buttons in elementor text widget?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Unfortunately not.

Elementor does not allow us to modify its UI at all, and we cannot add the Fields and Views button to insert shortcodes in the Elementor text module.

In a similar scenario with have added a menu to the Admin toolbar at the top from which you can copy and paste shortcodes, but Elementor doesn't even allow displaying the toolbar, so there is nothing we can do, I'm afraid, you'll need to persist with your workaround.

I suggest keeping one tab open with an editor in the backend where you can see the Fields and Views button, and switch back to the tab when you need to copy a shortcode to paste into a module in your other tab.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.