Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to have a parametric search on archive / category page ?

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 - -
15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by Emmanuel 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author

I am trying to: have a parametric search which work on category / archive.

I visited this URL: (a lot of urls of this forum but don't find a proper solution)

I expected to see: I just want to have a parametric search on category index or archive.

Instead, I got: it's create a bug.

-----------------------

Hi,
So I have a WordPress website with Genesis Framework.
I have reviews of products in a category.
I want to create a parametric search on the index of this category.
I try to change a .php file, as example category-2.php (in this cas the ID of my category is 2).
And in this php file I call a view with the parametric search with the php api (or do_shortcode).
It's work. I see the view on this index page... but I see that the "url base" in the code is not good, so the parametric search don't work very well, and it's change the base url of my other scripts.
I read several topics on this forum but it's seems that there is not a proper solution... so I want to keep this structure (in order to have an automatic Breadcrumb who works and keep a SILO structure).
Is it possible ?
I try too, to create a CPT and create a view, that I put in the output of the archive view. Same problem.
Can I send my WP admin details to an moderator (by example Luo Yang) in private ?

Or I have an idea, it's to create a page with the same slug of the category. So we could put on this page a good view and have no problem, but wordpress give the priority to see the category index instead the page... maybe we could think about it 🙂

I see that there is a beginning of this logic here : http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/177014/how-to-make-pages-slug-have-priority-over-any-category
But it's not work properly, as we read in the last comment. Maybe a coder could think about it and we could have a proper solution... (I think for a lot of people here !).

Thank you a lot in advance,
Regards,
Emmanuel

Hi,

Ok I think I find a custom solution.

I create a mini code that I add in functions.php with "add_action( 'parse_request'" and if I find the URL of my page, I will query the page.

Seems to work as I want 🙂
Maybe it could help someone !

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.