Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to filter a post and add links to a custom post type?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to filter his posts and highlight keywords and add links to those keywords automatically.

Solution:
Unfortunately such a functionality is not possible with our toolset plugins.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Martin 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I wonder how Types can help to achieve the following. I want to filter the text of a post when it gets saved to add links to a custom post type.

E.g. in my normal news posts (and in custom posts also) I want that keywords or shortcoded [brands]Brands[/brands] or [companies]Companies[(companies] or [persons]A Person[/persons] will get looked up in one of my custom post types and that these keywords get linked to a matching custom post type like a Brand/Company/Person post page with more details about that person.

I am sure that this might involve a plugin, but have you some guidance for that already or does Types support this somehow?

Kind regards, Martin

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Martin,

I believe I understand what you are trying to achieve.

Is it that these keywords will be link to archives where if you click the keyword in the content then it will link to the archive allowing you to see other posts with this keyword?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane,

this would be the first great step! And the second would be: if only one hit is available to kink directly to corresponding the custom post to avoid the step in the middle to go to an archive with only one link on it...

Kind regards, Martin

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Martin,

I guess my assumptions were correct, however this is not possible with our toolset plugins as we don't have the ability pick out key words in a sentence for referencing.

Some third party or custom solution will be needed for this.

Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane,

okay, I understand. Would be a good feature anyway. But I will have a look to develop some suitable filters and a admin-page anyway.

Kind regards, Martin

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.