Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to fetch data without updating the whole page?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to fetch other pages from their links without reloading the entire page.

Solution:

Unfortunately this is not something that can be done with our toolset plugins .

This would require custom code or a 3rd party plugin to achieve.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ayoub-aliq 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset01256.jpg

How does the data appear when I press the menu without repeating the list on all pages?
Please consider the annexes for clarification

thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately no this is not possible with our toolset plugins. You will need to use some custom code or 3rd party plugin in order to achieve this.

Toolset is able to filter posts and display them dynamically with AJAX but from what I see this is the post title and we don't have a way to filter the post by the post title.

What I recommend that you do is to contact one of the contractors that have registered on our site for the best advice on how to resolve this one.

You can contact them by going to the link below.

https://toolset.com/contractors/

Thanks,
Shane

Is there any ideal way to create a side menu on the personal account page when the list is clicked and data or fields are fetched?
Does that mean I have to make a side list of all the pages?

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Is there any ideal way to create a side menu on the personal account page when the list is clicked and data or fields are fetched? Does that mean I have to make a side list of all the pages?

You are able to create a side bar on your account page with our views plugin and allow the links to be placed there, however clicking the link will take you to the page itself rather than loading the item dynamically with AJAX. The most ideal way to do this is with the use of custom code.

Unfortunately i'm not aware of any resource that can guide you through how to do this.

You don't need to list all the pages as you can use views filters to determine which pages you want to display.

Thanks,
Shane

Well how i do with Views plugin when you press the side menu itself rather than loading pages?

thank you Shane

؟؟؟

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response as our forums are closed on the weekends.

"Well how i do with Views plugin when you press the side menu itself rather than loading pages?"

I'm not sure what you mean here? Is it that you want to click the link to the page but load that page in the current view ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

In fact I have many difficulties in understanding the tools
Are there any tutorial that build a site from scratch to professionalism using the characteristics of user accounts and powers and all other characteristics

thank you

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I would suggest running through our getting started guide here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/

Also we have various guides on youtube that you can have a look at as well.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.