Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to espand the data field clickable area in custom search?

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have created a custom search and there is a between filter about the data field. Well, to select the data now the user needs to click on the calendar icon. I need to expand the clickable area to all related form-group. If I try to customize it using the CSS "width:100%", the calendar icon is expanded to 100%, but I not need to expand the calendar icon, but only the clickable area.
What shoul I do to do that?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I don't know.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I don't know.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I'm not aware of an easy way to expand the clickable area for the calendar icon. I think you would have to use custom JavaScript code to trigger the datepicker by capturing a click event in another area. The calendar icon is part of the jQuery UI datepicker system.

In theory you could use CSS to show a cursor over the entire area:

.form-group.data1 {
  pointer:cursor;
}

Then you would have to capture clicks on that entire area and forward them to the datepicker trigger. There's not an easy solution for this, it would require complex JavaScript.

mmm... ok, it is not possible in a simple way...
Thank you!

Closing, with client's acknowledgement there is not an easy solution here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.