Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to edit the same post types over different pages

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hey Guys,

I have a page hidden link the submits a new application, Once submitted it redirects to the second page (which is supposed to be edited, The link ends up being something like hidden link

My question is, When the second form loads, it is showing "Form type and post type do not match" which I assume is due to the form not having knowledge that the form is already an open form...
How can I set it up to work as I would need to allow moving from page to page editing the content?

It is notable the second page is a repeater field group...
I look forward to hearing from you.

When the second form loads, it is showing "Form type and post type do not match" which I assume is due to the form not having knowledge that the form is already an open form...
Forms has no concept of an "open" Form or a multistep Form split into multiple Pages, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.
- The first Form creates Application posts, correct?
- What type of Form is this second Form? Please take a screenshot of the Form Editor screen in wp-admin so I can see.
- How is the second Form related to the first Form?

How can I set it up to work as I would need to allow moving from page to page editing the content?
Not really sure I understand what you want to accomplish, sorry. Hopefully I can get some clarification from the answers above and we can go from there. Pictures would be very helpful.

Please login to - removed by admin - and browse to hidden link to see the error I am referring to.

Maybe you can advise?
Basically, I want to move from page 1 (Creating or editing the first page of the post type), to page 2 which will be editing the same post type I just created but just the repeatable field group and then proceed to the next and the next ect ect...

I am sure after viewing the page it will make sense :).

The second form would be form ID 1649, I believe there is a page with the same name created as the form... (Just for clarity)

After following the guide here (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-forms-paginate-a-long-form/) and creating a customizer plugin with the expected hook, I am getting a page hidden link and an error message "Form type and post type do not match"

But if you submit a test, I am sure you wil see the same thing 🙂

Okay I see more clearly now, thank you. The post you're using as a guide is outdated and won't work for your situation, because the process for editing posts with Toolset Forms is quite different now. Frankly I'm not sure you'll be able to split up a Form like this but we can try. For now, deactivate this custom redirect code by commenting the add_filter line like this:

// add_filter('cred_success_redirect', 'basic_form_redirect',10,3);

Before moving on, please update all your Toolset plugins to the latest versions, most importantly Types 3.0.6 and Views 2.6.3. You're using a prerelease version of Types now, which should definitely be updated. If the automatic update process does not work for you, download the latest versions from https://toolset.com/account/downloads. Then deactivate and delete the old versions, and install the new fresh plugins.

Next, I should explain that when you create an Assessment post in the first Form, the Assessment does not include any "Persons within the Data Center Site Environment" RFGs yet. If you want to let your User create one of these RFGs for the Assessment in step 2, then the step 2 Form must be set to "Add new content" instead of "Edit existing content": hidden link

Place the step 2 Form on a custom Page. In the step 1 Form redirect settings, choose this new Page as the destination after the Form is submitted.

Test the step 1 Form now, and see if the second Form shows up after submitting the first Form. If you're able to get this far, let me know and we can continue. You probably want to automatically set the parent Assessment in the step 2 Form rather than forcing the User to choose it, so we'll do that next.

Before we continue. Can you please urgently assist in regards to the fields... For some reason none of the field groups can be viewed...
hidden link is showing nothing... So I can't really add fields or change anything while we work now...

Please update all the Toolset plugins first, there's not really any point in debugging or troubleshooting on a Release Candidate plugin.

If I try to update I am getting An error occurred while updating Toolset Types: Update package not available. Do I need to manually remove and reinstall the plugins for types and views?

Yes, if the automatic update process does not work for you, download the latest versions from https://toolset.com/account/downloads. Then deactivate and delete the old versions, and install the new fresh plugins.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.