Skip Navigation

[Closed] How to dynamically fill Gravity form multi line text form with toolset view>

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.26 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a link with many parameters that goes to a page with Gravity form. The parameter values are generated by toolset view. These values will automatically fill gravity form's dynamically populate feature so that user doesn't have to enter everything on their own. So the form automatically fill Names, address other custom fields. However, I am having issue with a paragraph. When the custom contents(text date) contains special characters like ' " &, they will mess up the parameter and the value won't pass down to correctly. It will actually chop when the contents contain these special characters.

So instead. I was thinking if possible I can place a view short code on the gravity form's fault value field to load the contents directly. So far I am not be able to succeed this.

Do you have any way to do this or recommendations?

I cannot substitute gravity form with Toolset form, it's simply not possible so I need a solution that works with Gravity form.

Please let me know.

So instead. I was thinking if possible I can place a view short code on the gravity form's fault value field to load the contents directly. So far I am not be able to succeed this...Do you have any way to do this or recommendations?

Hello, I'm not really the best source of information about using 3rd-party shortcodes with Gravity Forms. Their support team should be able to tell you whether or not shortcodes are supported in specific input fields. I helped another Toolset User with a similar request here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/gravity-form-and-toolset/#post-1922137
Their request involved using a Types custom field instead of a View, but I think the solution might be similar.

Gravity Forms documentation for dynamic field population:
https://docs.gravityforms.com/allow-field-to-be-populated-dynamically/
https://docs.gravityforms.com/using-dynamic-population/

You can test by placing the View in the page just before the Gravity Form shortcode. If the View returns the correct information, then we know the View is working correctly outside fo a Form, and it's just a question of how to get that information into the GF field. You may need to contact GF support for more information about that, if it doesn't seem to be working as expected.

The topic ‘[Closed] How to dynamically fill Gravity form multi line text form with toolset view>’ is closed to new replies.