Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how to duplicate view and template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? duplicate views and templates without locking up the site

Is there any documentation that you are following? n/a

Is there a similar example that we can see? n/a

What is the link to your site? hidden link and hidden link

what's the sequence of events for duplicating a view, it's attached template, and also single templates in blocks? when i duplicate a view, then click to edit the template (from the view) it locks up probably because it's trying to pull from the post type from the original view i duplicated from. if i duplicate a single template, the same thing happens. before i can edit the blocks to pull from the right post type, everything locks up. what's the best and fastest way to do this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

HI Malaga,

Thank you for getting in touch.

To duplicate a Views Block you will need to first create a new page where you want to add this view then insert the view on that page.

Instead of selecting edit as original, you will select edit as copy. This will create a copy of your original view and allow you to edit this new view independently.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

can you be more specific? i followed your instructions but i'm not seeing any option to edit as a copy - where would I see this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Malaga,

I've recorded a short clip to show you where this option is.
hidden link

Please let me know if you are seeing the same. Also the original view must've been created using Blocks and not by going to Toolset -> Views -> Add New.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.