Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how to do this with DIVI

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

We are working to use Toolset and DIVI to create customized author archive pages for our author level users.
So the author archive page should be replaced by the toolkit/divi page.

I"m working with this tutorial I found, which is bit old.
I followed the steps as an exercise in getting familiar with Toolset, but it's not showing up on the author page in DIVI.

hidden link

Do I have to add a plugin or do an additional step to put the toolset profile changes in DIVI?
I've been looking for guidance, and cannot find the solution.

It's for the author archive pages. So our users at author level get a custom profile page with their posts and products.

It's just not showing up. What am I missing?
I'm getting to know toolset, so this is a bit of a crash course.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 13.50.15.png

Hi there

I'm not sure which tutorial you have been following.

Putting Divi to one side for a moment, if you want to customise the author archives then you would do so by creating a custom archive at Toolset > WordPress Archives and assigning the author archive (see screenshot).

A custom archive, much like a View, essentially has two parts.

The first is setting options for the query that returns corresponding posts (e.g. setting ordering and pagination options, and any filters such as only posts with a custom status field value of "approved").

The second part is outputting the results of the query.

Your theme files will be responsible for generating the author archive page, but Views intervenes to replace the list of posts itself, while the header, sidebar, footer, page title etc. would still come from the theme.

So the Loop Editor is where you design the output, i.e. what the listed posts will look like on this page.

In the simplest cases you can add a couple of fields (e.g. title and post date) directly between the wpv-loop tags and have done with it.

But where the output might be a little more complex you would probably want to use the Loop Wizard to generate the required markup and have it created a linked content template to group together the markup and fields for each post that is shown.

This is where Divi enters the picture, in that you will see a button next to such a template to design the template with Divi.

(We have some reports of the very latest version of Divi breaking this, so that the button does not work, which we are investigating.)

So that's the overall picture of what's involved, if you have specific questions let me know.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi Nigel
I think I have a small emergency, I was creating a page and I accidentally applied the template to all pages!
I created a template, and now it's applied to all pages and I can't delete it in bulk. I've tried deleting the template but it won't allow it.

I started going in manually on each page and changing it to "don't use layout" under template layouts.

Is there a way to do this for all pages?

Nigel
Supporter

If you created a Layout and assigned it to the post type Pages so that it is used by all pages, and you no longer want it to be used for pages, you can go to Toolset > Layouts and from the list of Layouts you should be able to "Change layout use", where you can uncheck Pages and apply and it will no longer be used.

If you assigned the Layouts to individual pages then you can similarly remove the assignment from that page, checking the individual pages to remove the Layout from in one go.

Note that it is not recommended to use Layouts and Divi together, as Layouts is based upon the Bootstrap grid, and Divi is incompatible with Bootstrap: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/matching-divi-styling-using-toolset/#do-not-use-toolset-layouts

Hi thanks for the quick reply I'll try that. I'm working to learn toolset, I guess this is how you learn! 🙂

great - thanks looks like it's fine now.

Nigel
Supporter

Great, thanks for confirming.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.