Skip Navigation

[Closed] How to display plug-in shortcodes output from custom post WYSIWYG editor

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emerson 10 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: emerson.

Author

Using a special plug-in to insert a countdown shortcode in the post editor's WYSIWYG field. Countdown shortcode is in the editor's Text and Visual tabs. On viewing will not display display shortcode output of the single post in the custom content post template. It ignores it entirely. Also tried to insert shortcode from within the [V] wizard in editor. It pops window for inserting countdown shortcode then on select and insert code it ignores the action as well and doesn't insert the code.

There are other shortcodes for installed plug-ins, but Views ignores them too. How do I get Views to show and allow insertion of other available shortcodes?

Dear Jano,
Thanks for the info. To facilitate debugging, I need you to provide the following information:

1.) What is this special plugin?
2.) Is this plugin available in WordPress plugin repository: http://wordpress.org/plugins/ so I can test it too?
3.)Can you provide some screenshot of the editor Text and Visual tabs where it contains this shortcode?
4.) What is the code that you placed in your custom content post template where it is not displaying on the front end?
5.) If you try to insert shortcode in the V editor, do you see the name of the shortcode there? Please attached screenshot of this shortcode inside the V editor if you see it.

I suspect this is a conflict with either some of your active plugins or theme. Looking forward for your answers. Thanks.

Cheers,
Emerson

Dear Jano,
Please let me know if you have any update on this. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Emerson

Wow that was quick! Thanks. Sorry so late getting back. Have been busy with this project.

I will go through and provide all 5 items for you. For 1 and 2 answer is Yes. It is here http://wordpress.org/plugins/uji-countdown/ and may not yet be compatible with 3.6.1 MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM. You might be able to duplicate 3 and 4. For 5 it does show the name of the Countdown shortcode created by that plug-in but views rejects it when selected and them submit. Let me know if you still need screenshots.

NOTE: I have tested the plug-in on TwentyThirteen and other themes with the same results. Using RocketThemes Gantry 4 Framework based on Bootstrap (hidden link), RocketTheme's Leviathan Theme (hidden link) and WP 3.6.1

timer_at_frontend.jpg
shortcode_inserted.jpg

Dear Jano,
Thanks for the details. I tested the plugin with our Toolset Bootstrap theme along with the latest releases of Types and Views. I don't see any problem during the testing. I'm able to insert the shortcode in the page editor (see screenshot shortcode_inserted.jpg). And also it works well on the front end (timer_at_frontend.jpg).
The shortcode for this timer is not found within the Views V-icon , instead it is placed besides this icon (see again the screenshot shortcode_inserted.jpg enclosed in red box). Third-party plugin shortcodes cannot be found within the Views V-icon since only plugins that are well-hooked and integrated to Views will have their shortcodes appear on that section.
So this issue could either be related to your theme or to the plugin and not with Views as I'm able to get it working in this test.
Are you using the latest Views and Types plugin? Please update here: https://toolset.com/my-account/downloads/
And re-test. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Cheers,
Emerson

The topic ‘[Closed] How to display plug-in shortcodes output from custom post WYSIWYG editor’ is closed to new replies.