Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to display fields in repeatable group – I'm using BETA

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello,
I'm using BETA.
I can't find any info on this.
How do I display the fields in a repeatable group?

I also for the life of me can't figure out how to display a relationship with BETA version...but I guess that can be another ticket.

Perhaps the documentation for the above isn't out yet and I'm jumping the gun...if so I apologize.
Thank you!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Scott

Ermmm... You can't.

The current betas have been mostly about getting data in, and getting feedback from clients about how they would be using it and how they would want to output it. There is currently limited provision for outputting the data, and none for outputting groups of related fields.

The next round of betas are still focusing very much on post relationships, including adding support for CRED and WPML. Those are now entering testing and will hopefully be available next week.

Then in the subsequent round the focus will widen to include repeating field groups, as well as adding support for Layouts.

So, what you are looking for isn't currently there, won't be in the next iteration due soon, but should appear in the iteration after that.

It is possible to display related posts and fields from related posts in the current beta, so if you are having problems with that, yes, please open another ticket.

Note that you are posting in the Community Forum for users of the free Types plugin. As a Toolset customer you can and should post in the Technical Support forum which we prioritise and where you should receive speedier service.

Hi Nigel,

Just wondering if you know, approximately, the timeline when you say "the iteration after that". Are we talking months or more then a year?
As far as my input about output 🙂 I'm building a Multi site. Each user would have their own private sub-site for cataloging their work (don't want to get to specific as it's a public forum). The user would be using the backend editor for this. In my particular case the intermediary posts (M2M relationship), which have fields of their own, are always supposed to remain unseen by the user. In the current version, unless I'm missing, this is not possible. In the BETA it happily is. I think, at least for now I will only have 2 output types. 1. outputting all fields for a single post. 2. A search, filter and sort for all posts. Everything so far seems to be working smashingly for the input. Looking forward to when the output is addressed.

Regards,
Scott.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Scott

It's impossible to say with any certainty, but we are talking about a timescale measured in weeks after this imminent update is published.

Great! Than you!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.