Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create my account page and customize it

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maiS 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I can't seem to create a new ticket because the link you have to press to create a new ticket isn't working for me so maybe you can help me create these tickets:

1) When you are logged in, the black wordpress top bar is showing up - is it possible to hide this bar for all users except the admin users?

2) If I want to design a login page for users that are not admin is this possible? It is just to make the login site a little more personal with our own logo etc.

3) Under "my account" - is it possible to show the First Name of the user instead of the created user name when you are logged in? Is it also possible to change the menu name form My Account to the users first name? do you know what I mean?

Thanks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Here is the Doc that you should follow that will offer you the information about how you can create my account page:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-my-account-page/

Can you please follow it and let me know if you will require further assistance.

Hi there, in your guide I can't seem to find a section about my question. I don't need to customize the My Account page - I just need to change the appearance of the name that are being presented to the user from the username to the first name. So when they login with user name and password it says "Mai" instead of my username and instead of "My Account" it could say "Mai's profile" or something. The "My Account" page itself is already done.

Minesh
Supporter

If you can share the screenshot where exactly you want to display "Mai's profile" and problem URL that would help me to guide you in the right direction.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I sent you 2 screenshots and my login - let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Minesh
Supporter

Great thanks for the information.

The thing is that Toolset do not control the Menu items. Also, On my-account page, the welcome message added to my account page as its coming from the Woocommerce.

However - I'm sharing here the workaround that will change the "My Account" to "Mai's Profile". To achieve this, I've added the following line of code to "Custom Code" section offered by Toolset:
=> hidden link

function new_nav_menu_items($items,$args) {
  global $current_user;
   $profile_menu_caption = $current_user->first_name."'s Profile";

$items = str_replace("MIN KONTO",$profile_menu_caption,$items);      
return $items;
}
add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items', 'new_nav_menu_items',10,3 );

Can you please confirm the menu name is changed.

if you want to customize the my-account's page - then you will require to follow the steps given with the Doc I shared earlier.:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-my-account-page/

Oh my gosh it works! Thank you so much!

Can I in any way capitalize the letters so it matches with the rest of the menu?

And maybe translate it? The site will come in multiple languages later - by using polylang. Right now it should just be in Danish (the word "profile" is just "profil")

Minesh
Supporter

To make the mune title in the upper case, I've adjusted the code as given under:

function new_nav_menu_items($items,$args) {
  global $current_user;
   $profile_menu_caption = strtoupper($current_user->first_name."'s Profil");

$items = str_replace("MIN KONTO",$profile_menu_caption,$items);      
return $items;
}
add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items', 'new_nav_menu_items',10,3 );

We do not have any official integration with polylang but WPML for translation. Here is the official doc:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/translating-views-content-templates-archives-and-forms/

As the original question to this ticket already addressed, I urge you to mark resolve this ticket.

PS: I informed our systems team that you are not able to create more than 3 tickets at a time, they will investigate and I will get back to you with their findings with the ticket where are interactive about that issue.

Hi Minesh,

Okay thank you, I will keep in mind that we should use WPML instead when it comes to the translation later on.

Thanks for your help with the tickets too.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.